How to get there
- Good rail connections to Ringebu from Oslo & Trondheim
- Several express buses daily to Ringaebu
- We collect on request from Ringebu station
- Oslo Gardermoen Airport – just 2.5 hours away
- Good road connections from north, south, east & west – signposted Venabygdsfjellet
- For traffic information regarding the road over the mountains (FV 27) click here or call 175
Distances to Venabygdsfjellet
- Ringebu: 22 km
- Oslo: 250 km
- Trondheim: 250 km
- Ålesund/Molde/Kristiansund: 280–320 km
Venabygdsfjellet is a mountain area that lies between Gudbrandsdalen and Østerdalen in the municipality of Ringebu. From December to April, Venabygdsfjellet is snow-proof with a stable winter climate and fantastic ski terrain.
Venabygdsfjellet is located south of Rondane National Park between Gudbrandsdalen and Østerdalen. The altitude is between 850 &1000 metres, so the terrain lies partly in the birch forest belt and partly above the tree line. The mountain peaks are located at 1200–1400 meters and offer wide views of all directions.